Monday, June 23, 2014

New Zone Leader of Iganaga!

This week was awesome! We did a lot of great things

On Tuesday morning the whole zone went and did service for Beatrice. We were digging in her garden and were preparing it for planting potatoes. We were working for about 3 hours. It was fun. 

Wednesday we had our District meeting. I felt like we needed to focus on D&C 4. So I assigned every Elder one verse and they each gave a small training based on that verse. It was really awesome. I learned a lot and I think everyone else did too. I also showed a video quote from Elder Ballard. It is found on the D&C and Church History DVDs. The quote was awesome and is perfect for "almost" missionaries or those already serving. I recommend everyone watches it (especially Joey). Afterwards we had a zone lunch at a member's house close to the church. Her family is pretty wealthy and they have a really nice house. The food was soooooo goooood! In the evening we were teaching Jackie. She had borrowed a copy of Jesus the Christ from Elder Allred. She was actually reading it!!!! I was so happy. 

Thursday we taught Joel. He was preparing for baptism. So we were reviewing and everything was good. Then on Friday we had his interview and he passed!! His baptism on Sunday was awesome. He chose Elder Mukengeshayi to baptize him; he did a great job! After church we had a farewell lunch at the Moore's house for our Elders Quorum President who is going on his mission to Ghana. Sister Moore made taco soup. It was sooooo good and reminded me of home way too much. Later we went to visit Joel. The first thing he said was that he is really really happy and he is not sure why. I just told him it is because he was baptized. His mom and sisters even came to the baptism so we are going to be teaching them now and they will probably be baptized in July. 



Today for P-day we went to Chobe. It was sadly my last time there :( We got our transfer news today. Guess what?!?! I am going to be the new Zone Leader of the Iganga Zone. So my days in north Uganda are over. Also my days of walking are over. As a Zone Leader I get to drive. My companion will be Elder Latola, he is from South Africa. He doesn't have his drivers license so that means I am the designated driver! Yay. I am pretty excited but I am sad to be leaving Gulu. I love Gulu. The missionary work here has been amazing and I love the people here. But I am sure I will love the people in Iganga as well. 

So that is the exciting news for the day. Chobe was amazing as always. I got some sweet pictures. 
Tomorrow I will be spending the day saying good bye to people. Then Wednesday the Moores drive us to Kampala. Then Thursday I will be taken to Iganga. Then Friday I will have to drive back to Kampala for MLC. MLC is Mission Leaders Council. It happens the last Friday of every month at the mission home. It is all the Zone Leaders and Sister Leaders. 

So  I'm sure next week I will have something new to talk about! 

I miss the boat dad!! But thanks for keeping me informed. I like it. The pictures are awesome as well. Thanks! 

Yay mom for your new calling! Ward YW President. Looks like both of us got new callings :) And happy birthday! Sorry but I completely forgot :) At least you and dad were able to go out and do something

Have a fantastic week! 
Elder ME

No comments:

Post a Comment