Monday, November 24, 2014

Personal Improvement and General Conference

Well this was just another week of good, solid work. We spent a lot of time teaching many new investigators. We have tons of investigators preparing for baptism in the coming weeks. Next week we should have 3 or 4 baptisms and in December we will have many as well.

There were two really memorable moments this week. On Friday we were working with one of the AP's, Elder Wright, from Nephi, UT. He is in my group that came so we are like mission brothers. Anyways, we had a great day with him. We both learned a lot from him and his example throughout the day. There was one thing that he helped us with; he gave us advice that when we are doing our planning for the next day after we come home, to plan what we will be studying in personal and companion study the next morning. I know it seems like common sense but no one has ever suggested it to me. Well, we tried it out and it works really well! I feel kinda dumb because I have never done it before but its ok, life is about growing and improving :). So if anyone is struggling with studies. Try planning out exactly what you will be studying the day before so you can be organized and so the spirit can assist you.

The second wonderful experience is that we finally got to watch General Conference!! All of the Branches in the Jinja District watched conference this past weekend. On my side it was a powerful spiritual experience. I learned soo many things about myself and things that I can improve on in my life. Sister Chatfield gave us some advice to help make conference a good experience. She recommended that we come up with 3 or 4 personal questions that we are looking for answers to, then throughout the conference sessions look for the answers to your questions. For me it was amazing! I found at least one answer in every talk that was given and there were several talks that completely focused on my questions. It was pretty cool! My companion also had some personal questions that were very different from mine and he had the same experience. It's amazing what the spirit can teach you sometimes. So I recommend that this coming April when we have conference again that everyone does the same thing. There were too many talks that were really good so I won't point out any.

There was one main thing that I learned. It is that we need to take responsibility for the situation we are in, we can't blame others and point fingers, but we can ask ourselves what we can personally do to help the situation. Just pointing fingers at others doesn't help anything, it just causes feelings of anger. Whatever situation we are in, we can personally do something to help out! Elder Mkutswana and I have been applying that in everything we have been doing to help our zone with certain issues. It really does work and life becomes much more enjoyable.

That's all for this week.

¡Espero que tengas una semana buena!

Elder LeCheminant

No comments:

Post a Comment